BELLINGEN GROWERS/ARTISAN MARKET - Saturday 11 June
Stallholder Terms and Conditions
The Bellingen Growers Market runs the Bellingen Artisan Market which is coming upon Saturday 11 June 2022.
This document outlines the principal rules and guidelines necessary for the Artisan/Growers Market to operate with compliance and efficiency.
Stallholder applications will be assessed before granting permission to conduct a stall at the next Artisan Market on Saturday 11 June 2022, on condition the stallholder accepts and complies with the terms and conditions of this document and indicates this by ticking the box on the “application form” .
Please read the below thoroughly before you tick the box on booking application.
About Bellingen Growers Market (BGM)
The BGM is a non-profit incorporated association run on a voluntary basis by a steering Committee. The Committee consists of stallholders and community members. The BGM association has adopted the model rules for incorporated associations without any modification. The BGM presents the Growers Market every 1st, 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month and the Artisan Market every 2nd Saturday in June and December.
- showcase a diverse range of quality art, craft, plants, food, produce from the mid north coast
- support local artisans and growers to sell their products to the local and wider community
- facilitate networking between all market stakeholders and community
- foster beneficial exchange of knowledge, ideas and information
- provide a venue where people can shop, socialise and relax in a friendly environment
- build and empower our community spirit
- strengthen local economy by encouraging visitors to our region to buy at our market and in town
- promote local musicians, performers, and community groups
Criteria to attend the Artisan Market is
make it, bake it, grow it
How to book a stall:
- To apply for a stall at our next Artisan please fill out the Artisan booking form as below link:
- We will assess each booking and Kaz will get back to you asap with a booking number and further instruction. Please confirm you received this email.
- The BGM reserves the right to refuse any stallholder at their discretion
- If you are booked in and you can’t come, please advise ASAP so we can give your site to another.
- We ask you to have the correct cash on the day, so we don’t have to give out change.
Click the following link to apply for a stall
3m sq own insurance $40
Per meter over 3m $10
To use our insurance $10
3m hot food stall $60
Insurance and certificates:
All food and skin products, body work and entertainment must have their own insurance. Food stalls need food safety, hot food stalls must also have council and food supervisor cert. We can supply insurance for all other stalls. Please indicate your preference on the booking form. To learn more of what’s expected from food stalls at markets, please click on below links.
Wet weather policy:
The Artisan will go ahead with a bit of rain. We only cancel if extreme weather, or the grounds are unsafe. Stallholders will be advised asap and notifications will be placed on our Growers Facebook and webpage. Please come prepared for all weather.
Set up and parking:
- Arrive from 5.30am-6.30am via Hammond St gate. You will be directed to your site.
- Designated stallholder parking is on the far east of the market, similar to last June.
- When setting up in the morning please park close to your stall and quickly unpack, then drive your car to the parking area and come back to set up. This will help alleviate traffic congestion.
- Vehicles off site by 7.30am and please exit via Hammond St by 1pm.
- No cars are allowed in before 1pm. (depending on how many people are still walking around).
Other stallholder responsibilities:
- To be respectful, considerate and friendly.
- Local, State & Federal regulatory obligations are the responsibility of the stallholder.
- Compliance with Council and NSW Food Authority are the responsibility of the stallholder.
- Handmade food MUST be labelled correctly.
- Name, address and contact number of producer
- Net weight of contents. All ingredients listed in descending order by weight
- Use by date and product information.
- Stallholders are responsible for bringing all the equipment they need to operate
- Please leave your site cleaner than you found it 😊
- BGM does not tolerate inappropriate behaviour and will ask the person concerned to leave.
- No plastic bags or non-compostable disposable containers allowed.
- No smoking within market.
- No dogs (except Guide/Assistance animals) in accordance with the Companion Animals Act 1998 (NSW).
Thanks for your support of our market.
For more information please contact:
M: 0448 407 202